Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make master attributes editable in PDMLink

Make master attributes editable in PDMLink

Master attributes must be editable in the user interface. There is already an existing interface for WTParts: Edit Common Attributes, where master attributes should appear. This functionality is a must for a PDM-system and has to be implemented for WTParts, CAD Documents and Documents. Today customers solve it by heavy customizations as custom developed user interfaces and coding.

6 Comments
Granite

Today you can achieve this quite easily by adding an alias attribute to the versioned type. This alias picks the master attribute which you can set during create and I strongly believe also during edit.

I would like to know how to edit the master attribute programatically in workflow, It would be perfect for me!

Hello Oliver,

are you sure this can be done? I've added an attribute to partmaster and created an alias attribute on the versioned type. But when I create a new part, I can't set this attribute during creation, it states 'unassignable'. It's not show in the 'edit common attributes' as well.

Apparently the workaroud doesn't work in WT10.1. In WT10.0 and WT10.2 it works fine ...

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thanks for the workaround OliverDroop!

I find it would be more understandable for the user to separate the "edit common-attribute" from the "dit attributes" functions. I can imagine it is also for right management usefull.