Currently, when creating a WTDocument, the security labels are selected before you select the WTDocument type. This is opposite every other object in the system where you select the object type first. As a result, you cannot use OIRs to set defaults for security labels.
Thank you for publishing your idea. We need more information as specified in the form you saw in the submission process. (Questions below).
Please let us know within the next two weeks.
1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
2. What product & version are you currently running?
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
1. Aerospace, project manager, engineers and government overseers
2. Windchill PDMLink 11.1 M20 CPS 22
3,4. If we have a document type that should always have a specific security label we cannot control it though OIRs like you would for any other object type. The label has to be automatically applied to all document types or we have to customize which we avoid at all cost to avoid potential complications for future upgrades.
5. It would mean the system actually worked as users expected and we could stop defending the use of PTC products. Most of our users have come to expect inconsistency from PTC and this is just fuel for the fire.
Thank you for your idea and the information provided.
We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.
You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.
Thank you for your participation.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.