1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Working in an international defense company I help manage and maintain our instance of Windchill for the 500 plus users. We have users from all different time zones such as America, Australia, and Europe.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Release: 184.108.40.206
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. In order to cost effectively provide all our users licenses, we use the PTC Navigate Contributor - Active Daily User License to cover some of our less active users with these floating licenses. However, these licenses reset at 0:00 GMT which is causing some users at the start of their day to not be able to receive a license until 09:30 ACST when it resets at 0:00 GMT (09:30 ACST equivalent).
4. What is the use case for your organization? Users are unable to login to and do work on Windchill until later in the morning because the PTC Navigate Contributor - Active Daily User Licenses are tied to yesterdays users until it resets. As we cannot change the reset time, this is causing issues because we have users from America, Europe, and Australia. We need to be able to change the reset time on the server side.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? There is significant time and work lost while users are unable to login into our instance of Windchill because the licenses only reset at 0:00 GMT and not a more relevant time for our company and users. By being able to set this reset time for the PTC Navigate Contributor - Active Daily User License on our servers, we will be able to ensure users have licenses avaliable when they start their day.