cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Windchill QS / Relex "Project Files" on the project navigator ( like Windows exploler)

Manage Windchill QS / Relex "Project Files" on the project navigator ( like Windows exploler)

Windchill QS / Relex project files you have created appear on the project navigator.

We would like to manage Windchill QS project files on the project navigator.

For example, we want to create own folder and insert appropriate projects to that.

It looks like Windows explorer file management system.

Windchill QS doesn't have such feature unfortunately.

We hope you can add such feature for Windchill Qs project navigator.

Thank you.

6 Comments
DomenicLaritz
16-Pearl

Yoshitaka, you should vote up your own ideas!

You forgot it for all your ideas.

And because you forgot it, please vote up that one too:

When creating a new product idea, it automatically adds a positive vote for the creator.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Its not clear to me exaclty what you are looking for, but I would like to suggest looking at Windchill Desktop Integration. It provides a direct connection to Windchill via Windows Explorer for Windchill Documents. If you are looking for a means of accessing project documents with Windows Explorer, this is the way to go.

From within Windchill, pick Quick Links, Software Downloads, Accept and chose either the 32 or 64bit DTI application for download. The Windchill HelpCenter has lots of good information on how to use this application if you have never used it before.

Yoshi
3-Visitor

Hello Domenic and Scott,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have updated my idea, please see above.

Please read it and let me know your comment.

Thank you

Yoshi

BernadetteLoner
4-Participant

Scott, I think Yoshi is asking for the option of creating a folder structure in the Project Navigator bar for Windchill Quality Solutions not Windchill.

Currently once a project is created, it appear in the Navigator bar at a single level.  If you have numerous projects, it's quite cumbersome to work through.

cheers

Bernadette

ptc-2749313
1-Newbie

Hi all,

this works out of the box.  just right mouse button click on the System and select "Add Folder".  you can create as many folders as you want and then put your systems within the Folders.

You do this for Systems within a Project, not for Projects as a whole.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived