1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Furniture, and development/production of lots of other products
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? 220.127.116.11
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. In the " Compare to Part Structure " tool, when selecting your preferred parts from parts with multiowner link, there is no possibility to merge all occurrences to one row/one selection if you know that all selected will be the same.
4. What is the use case for your organization? So when not needing to select different multiowner linked parts per occurrence in the it would be good to have a shorter list and easy task to select if that in the future will be possible ootb.
Info from PTC technical team when doublechecked possibilities with them:
"After discussing internally, the use-case you requested information about, is definitely not possible on Windchill as of now, We came to the conclusion that in order to increase the chance of it to get added in future releases please refer to Product Ideas @ PTC Community <http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/misc/PTC_Product_Ideas.jsp?source=article> and consider posting a new one, If you do please let me know so that I can create an article related to this missing functionality on compare to part structure, and link your idea to it, so that other Windchill user can comment and like your post to increase even more the chances of it being added,"
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Shorter list, better overview, less time-consuming if when not needing to set preferred multiowner part per occurrence in the Compare to Part Structure tool, instead having the possibility to merge all occurrence and set it for all occurrence at once in the shorter list it will provide.