1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Creo and Windchill users, R&D, models used for manufacturing
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Windchill 220.127.116.11 and Creo 18.104.22.168
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. As of Creo 8 the new feature of inseparable components allows every user to check-in those components without being verified by ModelCHECK Gatekeeper. Only the top-level ASM which contains the components is checked. This is contrary to the use of the Gatekeeper function in order to enforce model quality throughout the enterprise. Those embedded components just slip through Gatekeeper. Like this, we now have models without assigned materials, not conforming to any standards, and resulting in wrong mass properties for example checked into Windchill and it is not easy to find them again once being checked-in.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Ensuring model quality and all the uses of the ModelCHECK Gatekeeper function combined with the huge benefits of inseparable assemblies.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Having the ModelCHECK Gatekeeper function working again for all CAD files checked into Windchill would prevent any troubleshooting an re-work right from the beginning of the cad models value chain and, thus would inherently contribute to productivity.