1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We work in the A&D industry, where I am the CM Lead. This issue potentially applies to all general users.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Currently running 11.1 M020, but this issue applies to later releases as well.
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. We have our system setup with security labels being able to restrict access to specific versions of an object. Assume a scenario where a user (User 1) has access to a version of a document (for example Version A.2) to which they correctly have full access. Another user revises the document to version B.1 and applies security labels which preclude User 1 from accessing that version. The issue is that if User 1 then opens that document they do not get notification ("Go to Latest") that a later version exists. Note that it is correct that they should not be able to access the later version, but it is essential that they know that they are not working on current data.
4. What is the use case for your organization? See point 3
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? The potential for users to inadvertently use out of data documents could lead to us delivering incorrect product and requiring significant rework and loss of reputation.