1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? 184.108.40.206
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
When creating or changing Option & Variant structures (models) :
In Windchill 11 (in Product Structure Explorer) it was possible, at top level of a structure, to decide that a parameter should be known at all underlying levels of the O&V structure, just by declaring Equivalency to all Descendants, then this parameter name and value was known in all underlying levels in the structure.
In Windchill 12 it is necessary first to go to underlying level and create parameter name, then back one level up, and edit parameter and also specify parameter name on lower level.
And in structures with many levels (as we have), it is necessary to repeat this for all leves where the parameter is needed.
The funny part is that O&V models created in Windchill 11and then upgraded to Windchill 12 works and can generate variants, but as soon the models change also the enheritance must be specified according to Windchill 12.
Please provide a possibility to specify enheritence similar to Windchill 11
4. What is the use case for your organization? This changed functionality means extra time spent on creating and changing O&V models.
We have in the area of 70 models at the moment, and are constantly changing these or adding new.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? That we now have to specify on all levels in structures is estimated to cost approx. 150 work hours per year