Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open an object in a new tab or window

Open an object in a new tab or window

Allow the user to add in any table a column with a icon or a link that allow to open the current object in a new tab or a new window (specified with a pref).

Right click menu on this object could be use to set the preference or to use an different behavior once.

open_in_new_tab_or_window.png

As noted in the discussions below, this can be done using ctrl-right mouse click on hyperlinks or the in PSB

10 Comments
Garnet

Waiting for the enhancement, You can use ctrl + right click over the row's hyperlinks.

Visitor

Yes, we can use ctrl + right click when available. For the moment it's impossible from WTPart Structure, recently acceded and clipboard (non exhaustive).

Garnet

Ok. An other workaround for Part Structure is to add the "View information" in the structure table and to drag the icon in a new tab.

Visitor

Yes, I agree it's better. But we have to use right click because the drag and drop doesn't work with IE.

Garnet

I'm using IE.

Video Link : 3497

Peridot

Nicolas - if you add the to the PSB tree you can CTRL-right click to launch in another window as well

Garnet

Yes, in 10.1 M040. Not before.

Peridot

Using the in PSB is supported all the way back to 10.0 F000.  You need to add the column to your view, but it works all the way back.  I have checked on IE 8.0 and FF 20.0

In Creo you won't be so happy with the size of the new window opened from the embedded browser. You can vote here to fix this behavior: ---

Community Manager
Status changed to: Current Functionality