1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
I work for an automotive OEM manufacturer and I am a Sr IT Manager responsible for all tools, software, and processes for 200 engineers and product support personnel.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running?
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
My users want to be able to open cad objects directly from the product structure browser rather than having to navigate to each object's information page and add to workspace or open from there. They would also like to multi-select objects in the PSB and be able to open all item in CAD.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
There is a lot of extra picks and clicks to get to the appropriate pages to be able to perform these operations when the objects are already displayed nicely in the PSB. I see no obvious reason this functionality doesn't exist. This would save a lot time navigating back and forth between pages.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
The value is in making the software function as efficiently as possible. The extra navigation back and forth wastes time and, therefore, money that could be spend doing more value added work.