Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open multiple drawings in Creo View without going through clipboard

Open multiple drawings in Creo View without going through clipboard

Currently, to open multiple drawings in Creo View, you have to go through multiple steps:

1. Select drawings
  2. Click Copy
  3. Close yellow banner, to get to the Quick Links button (why isn't there a link to the clipboard in the banner like there is when you create a change notice?)
  4. Quick Links → Clipboard
  5. Select drawings again
  6. Open in Creo View

Would love to see the ability to open drawings directly from search results window, context folder, or any other place, making for much fewer steps:

1. Select drawings
  2. Click "Open in Creo View" from toolbar / Actions menu / wherever.

This would save time and my blood pressure!

7 Comments
Tanzanite

Yes please!  Yes! Yes! Yes!

Aquamarine

Agreed!!!  Can you imagine the nightmere if Internet browsers also required this to open new tabs! (no Icon for goin crazy so imagine hair being ripped out of head!)

Tanzanite

Actually, I think I found this can be done.  There are a couple different ways.

1. If you use the index search you can add the column Thumbnail Navigation.

2. If you use an advanced search the Thumbnail Navigation column is not available but there is the Thumbnail column.  The problem is it's a bigger thumbnail.  If you pick on the view to open in Creo View the second image you pick will give you the Add to Current Session or Create in New Session dialog.

However, the default will not display both but it will be listed in the side menu.  From here you can right-click on the second file and select Open in New View.  It will open in another view inside Creo View.

open_in_cv.jpg

Does this give you want you want?

Garnet

Steve,

That is a round-about way of getting the same result.  ...but so is using the Windchill clipboard.  I think the idea of this Product Idea is to have a simple and intuitive way to open multiple representations in the viewer other than:

• multi-select / copy to clipboard / open clipboard manually (since there is no link to it in the yellow banner like when an object is created) / multi-select again / open in viewer

or

• thumbnail click / Add to Current Session ... thumbnail click / Add to Current Session .. etc ... etc.
Tanzanite

I think we might be splitting hairs Ben because I agree with you.  I just wanted to post an option.

Aquamarine

Another good use to opening multiple files in CreoView would be to open several different versions of the same object to aid in comparison, or looking for when a particular change occurred.  It would be nice if there was streamlined (an example of this could be something like "roll back to previous version" from within CreoView).

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged