1. Describe your environment:
What is your industry? Automotive
What is your role in your organization? Business Analyst
Describe your stakeholders:
Product Owners = what we produce on the shop floor
Manufacturing Owners = responsible for our production and how we produce on the shop floor
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? 11.1 M020 CPS23
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Opening a process plan structure in playback in Creo View all parts up to actual operation are grey and parts in actual operation are in default color. By select all items and change color and then "restore color to original" all parts went back to default color and are not grey anymore.
This was working perfect in Creo 6 but in Creo 8 "restore color to original" always revert back to grey.
The only way to include Resources to Creo View is to use playback so ordinary "Open structure in Creo View" could not be used.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
Speed up feedback loop in projects so complete process plan can be worked on instead of open operation by operation. By having all parts for all operations in color users understand what they see much much easier.
This also increase quality in project work when more users understand the visualization.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Remove local isolated Excel files and legacy solution and move into a modern PLM-solution that will help us to shorten project lead time, secure quality in product design and manufacturing preparation.
If not Windchill will solve this we need to select another PLM-solution.