cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to find parent of WTPart when WTPart are not included in latest version of parent

0 Kudos

Possibility to find parent of WTPart when WTPart are not included in latest version of parent

If the parent of a WTPart are the non-latest version of the parent, the parent will not be displayed in the 'Where used' list, as this list uses latest.

Article CS21060 describes that parent can be returned by creating a change request and 'collect affected objects'. Article also describes the problem with 'Where used'.

We do not use the change-module, but really see the need to be able to detect parents for our WTParts, even if they are not included in latest version of parent. The scenario can even be that WTPart is included in a released part config, but in later version of parent, the WTPart are removed from BOM. As funcionality is now, it is not possible to find this parent

We are using 9.1 M070, but as I understand from support, the functionality is not included in 10.1 (yet)

9 Comments
Amethyst

Hello

In 10.0 ... (in 9.1 I don't remember ...) the where used table works as you want

In my example, the MXE02CJ8 exist in rev B where I remove the component

02-05-2013 15-15-21.jpg02-05-2013 15-23-04.jpg

the filter above your table let you choose ...

-filter "latest" will only show latest use case. So in your case , nothing

-filter "all versions" will show all use cases , even if removed from latest Revision (your need)

Hi,

This cannot be the same situation -

The "where used" table should be shown/selected 'from' the child WTPart, showing where this WTPart is a child.

3000607 is a child of 3000606. Latest 3000606 does not include 3000607 as a child.

Where used listed 'from' 3000607 will not list 3000606.

('All Revisions' includes all revisions of 3000606, but that is not relavant here)

Snap62.jpg

Snap63.jpg

Amethyst

It is exactly the same use case as mine.

In my case MXE0297H is the child part, and my screen shots come from the info page of the child part

MXE02CJ8 is the parent part.

MXE02CJ8   v A.2   (not the latest)  has the child part in her BOM

MXE02CJ8   v B.2  (the latest) has the child removed.

03-05-2013+12-55-50.jpg03-05-2013+12-56-43.jpg

So it looks like a bug in 9.1 ...  

OK, now I see.

(" In the out of the box Windchill PDMLink, it cannot get the Where Used info of a part if it is only used by the non-latest version of another part.")

According to support, this is not a bug in 9.1 but working as designed. I was told that it is the same in 10.0 / 10.1, and a request for change should be added here as an idea.

Just for the record: your child (MXE0297H) is not iterated?

Amethyst

No my child is not iterated. I can do the test if you want. But the result will be the same

The BOM usage link is Parent version.iteration to Master child.

So it is easy to get the used by parent , even if removed in latest

And an iteration or revision of the child has no impact

Amethyst

after a child iteration, still the same.  Works fine in 10.0 M030

No, thank you, no need to test. Because my child is not iterated either.

So I was a bit mislead here regarding the behavior in 10.x ..

Thanks

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived