cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Security Alert Log4j Security Vulnerability. Click here to know more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Publish Delegate should use Number as unique identifier, not Name

0 Kudos

Post Publish Delegate should use Number as unique identifier, not Name

We are using Post Publishing to create Graphic Dynamic Document from the representation of an EPMDocument (Creo model). Problem is that the Post Publish Delegate uses Name as a unique identifier, not Number.

Quote from PTC Windchill Visualization Services Guide:
"Name: The Name of the Object that the PostPublishDelegate is to create/iterate. The Name must be unique among all Objects of its Type in order to guarantee that the delegate finds the right Object to iterate."

Here is an example case where I discovered this issue. I have two EPMDocuments with the same name "CAD Part" and their numbers are "CAD-1" and "CAD-2":

Number: CAD-1

Name: CAD Part

Version: A.1

Number: CAD-2

Name: CAD Part

First I post published a GDD from CAD-1. Everything is ok:

Number: GDD-CAD-1

Name: GDD-CAD Part

Representation from: CAD-1

Then I post publish a GDD from CAD-2. I expect to get a new GDD with number GDD-CAD-2, but instead GDD-CAD-1 got updated with the representation from CAD-2:

Number: GDD-CAD-1

Name: GDD-CAD Part

Version: A.2

Representation from: CAD-2

GDD-CAD-2 does not get created at all.

The idea is that post publish delegate should use Number as the unique find string, not Name.
Just like in all other functionalities in Windchill: Number is the unique identifier.

A ticket to PTC was created about this and the answer was: Works to specification. Feel free to create an idea at Product Ideas @ PTC Community

1 Comment
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.