Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Upload for CAD Document using ACL

Prevent Upload for CAD Document using ACL

It should be possible to set a ACL to prevent the possibility to upload a CAD Document.

Today there is a "Create" permission but this will only disallow Check In not Upload.

This can be a problem if using different soft-types of CAD Document. Soft-Type is applied to the CAD object when uploading, and is not possible to change after uploading (at least for end user. admin can run "java wt.epm.util.SoftTypeChangeUtility" to change).

PTC solution for using multiple soft types for cad document, is to use a upload parameter (e.g. UPLOAD_SOFT_TYPE). But if a user is using the incorrect start teplatre or forgett to set this parameter. Then the CAD Document will get the type defined in <WC_HOME>\codebase\EPMDefaultSoftTypes.xml

So one way of prevent a user to upload a CAD document, could be to have a Upload permission that you can control

ACL - Upload.jpg

3 Comments
Peridot

Isn't that the "Modify Content" ACL?

Visitor

Hi Björn

No, I dont think so. I put Deny on the Modify Content ACL. But I am still able to upload the CAD Document. But still not able to Check In.

And my main issue with this is that I get wrong CAD Documnet type if I create a new cad object with incorrect start template. Or if I take Save A Copy of on old object that do not have the correct parameter (UPLOAD_SOFT_TYPE) on.

But thanks for your respond. If you have any further comments on this, or you have any other tips and tricks regarding using differnt soft-types in the sama environmnet please dont hesitate to contact me.

Mikael Johansson, PDS Vision AB

mikael.johansson@pdsvision.se

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived