1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. I work in the Aerospace and Defense industry as a configuration manager. Stakeholders include engineering, supply chain, operations, and quality departments.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? 11
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Out-of-the-box change management process related to PR creation is backwards. We should start by identifying Affected Objects. Windchill should then prompt / recommend possible Affected End Items based on Affected Object associations. We run into this all the time. Engineers may not know a full "where-used" on affected objects / parts. The Windchill database should!
4. What is the use case for your organization? Change management- knowing affected end items is critical based on identifying customers (unique for each end item) and establishing contractual requirements. This CANNOT be relied on users by memory to establish this. A robust solution is needed for identifying Affected End Items.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Save users time from doing a manual "where used" and manually identifying affected end items.