The PTC Community email address has changed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more.
1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.Industrial automation products
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running?
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
We are unable to identify whether promotion request is prepared for an object or not.
It would be helpful if there is a icon (like check-out, affected object, ECN under progress, Modified, need to be upload) next to the object.
So that we can easily identify the object as under promotion / directly open PR from icon next to the object.
The icon helps to avoid creating duplicate promotion request for the same object.
Also the objects attached to the promotion request shall not be editable.
Already there is a request for the same - @generali
But the request is achieved and we are not able to vote.
Display Promotion Request Icon Next to Objects Being Promoted
4. What is the use case for your organization?-5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?-
Thank you @Sathish_Rosario for publishing your idea. However, we need more information as specified in the form you partially followed in the submission process. , specifically #4 and #5. The more details and context you give to document your idea, the better. Think about ways to educate and convince other Community members to support your idea and present your case to the product management team for consideration.
Here is an example of a well documented idea. start Save As from Replace - PTC Community
Please let us know within the next two weeks.Additionally, I invite you to check out this topic where PTC executives explain product managers' approach to customer ideas and input for product roadmaps.
4. What is the use case for your organization?Since we are not informed about the status of an object, we are creating many duplicate promotion request for the same object.5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?Searching for an object and whether promotion request raised or not - time waste
Creating Duplicate promotion request and approval duplicate promotion request - time waste
Thank you for for this additional info. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.