1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Windchill production environment. Manufacturing semiconductors.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Windchill 188.8.131.52
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
The ask is to purge audit logs on daily basis irrespective of any time. This means that, if I wanted to purge audit logs starting from last year (2021) on daily basis, I should be able to schedule a job.
Another feature, that would really make like easy is to have a quick button to select options to retain logs for last 6months, 3 months from the current date and delete the rest recursively
4. What is the use case for your organization?
The OOTB property wt.query.template.queryLimit=100000 has to be set in order to delete large number (of months together) of audit records from windchill UI. In order to do so, the above said property value should be changed to wt.query.template.queryLimit=-1 (-1 indicates unlimited records)
For the above changes to take effect, Windchill services needs to be restarted
But with the OOTB setting only a day's audit log can be purged. As the average audit record returned for a day is approximately 60000. And if we still attempt to delete even 2 days of audit logs, the purge will fails as the total number of records to be deleted will be 120,000 which is more than default value 100,000
As a counter measure, we intend to delete/purge logs on daily basis so that we don't have to change the OOTB settings and restart Windchill services every time.
there should be a feasibility to delete logs of last year or no matter whatever duration on daily basis. Currently the purge schedule job, does not provide this feature.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
a lot of DB space can be freed with this purge scheduler.