Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relex / WQS FIDES Module reports

Relex / WQS FIDES Module reports

Basically, when performing a reliability prediction study, we are not using the final result to improve the design as it gives no indication to what influences system unreliability.

We rather analyse

• which phase from the mission profile has the greatest influence on unreliability (do we need to dampen vibrations transmitted to an electronic board, do weed need to dissipate more heat....),
  • which stress has the greatest influence (thermal, mechanical....),
  • which type of component has the greatest influence in order to perform a technological choice among available components.

From existing reports, one can easily build a table showing failure rate distribution among components categories / sub-categories.

Doing the same for phases / stresses is nearly impossible as Pi factors report gives a list of all intermediate results in one field component per component.

In its current state, it is impossible to use Relex / WQS for design improvement which is the main way we use reliability prediction.

We would like two more reports :

• one that would give the failure rate distribution among mission profile phases,
  • one that would give the failure rate distribution among stresses.
2 Comments
ptc-2749313
1-Newbie

Again, great input.  This one I don't have a quick answer for.  I investigated but found the same thing you did.  I can see the information in the interface (push Pi Factors and then you can look by Phase), but I failed to generate a report or graph with the information.  I'll investigate some more to make sure I didn't miss something, and will post what I find. 

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived