We need to use the Top Down Design (TDD) functionality for Inventor.
It's not supported to use the build one level structure button with Autodesk Inventor.
This functionality was implemented for only Creo, CATIA, and NX in Windchill 10.0 M010 or later
(please see the Enhancement Details for Windchill 10.0, page 82 and CS215967).
Are there currently any plans to implement this functionality for Autodesk Inventor?
Here is the scenario that we normally do as TDD approach.
- start with an existing BOM in Windchill,
- make a save as and then remove some sub assemblies or parts in it.
- After that add existing or new sub assemblies or parts.
- If we add sub assemblies or parts, then we need to rebuild the structure in the CAD system.
- Open the top assembly in the CAD system and position the added sub assemblies or parts in the top assembly, because the CAD systems don’t know the location where the inserted part has inside of the assembly.
- If we added new parts, then we have to model the geometry.