Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolve Multi Owner Association Related Error during check in

Resolve Multi Owner Association Related Error during check in

Steps:

1. Create a CAD Part 567
  2. Create an ASM Demo222 and assemble above part to it
  3. Check in both part and ASM and do not create associated WTParts during checkin
  4. Now Create WTPart Demo222 and associated it to ASM
  5. Create 2 WTParts 567 and 567-1 and associated both of them to CAD Part 567 with Owner Link
  6. Check in all the 3 WTParts
  7. Now check out and modify ASM and check in
  8. Check in Fails with Error:
    The child documents "CAD Part - 567.prt, A.1" have multiple image type associations with parts "0000001223, 567-1, A.2 (Design), 0000001222, 567, A.2 (Design)"
    As of now user as to perform below steps to resolve the error:

1. Set the Build After Check In preference to None
2. Check In
3. Manually build selecting preferred part
4. Reset the Preference Build After Check In to All

Product Idea as below

1. Get Retry option so that user can select preferred WPart from a list and complete the check in

OR

2. User can get the option to Ignore the Build and complete the check in

5 Comments
SteveShaw
14-Alexandrite

As of Windchill 11.0 F000 you don't need to go back-and-forth with toggling the preference.  In the check-in UI you can deselect "build on check-in" for the failed item and then complete the check-in process. 

toggle_build_on_check_in.gif

You can then reconcile the build using the CAD-to-Part comparison UI.  Once you have specified the part to be used for the multi-owner components subsequent check-ins from Workspace should proceed without issue.

SteveShaw
14-Alexandrite
Status changed to: Acknowledged

shashi
5-Regular Member

Hi Steve,

First of all thanks much for the reply!

You mentioned in the First comment that when check in fails...we can deselect "build on check-in" for the failed item in the UI...can you please show me where I get this option? I am using Windchill 11.1 M020

SteveShaw
14-Alexandrite

The animated GIF in my earlier reply should show the action in the check-in UI where one can toggle on/off the building of structure.

shashi
5-Regular Member

Thanks, it was not opening when I clicked. Now I can see it.