Non-iterated records allow more than one user to be in update mode for the same record at the same time. Iterated records (components like BOMs, Construction Sets, Measurement Sets), get 'checked out', but non-iterated records do not. This can cause data to be overwritten.
- User 1 opens a record in the Color library with the color name ‘Blue’. Currently the record has a date attribute that is null.
- User 2 opens the same record.
- User 1 enters a date in the date attribute.
- User 2 leaves the date attribute as null.
- User 1 clicks Save.
- User 2 clicks Save.
- The date attribute reverts to null.
This request is to restrict non-iterated records so that they only allow one user to update at a time, similar to how iterated records work.