cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retain the link of a part to a process plan when there is a change to the Part or Process Plan.

Retain the link of a part to a process plan when there is a change to the Part or Process Plan.

We don't want to rely on users having to go in and redo the link every time they update the process plan.  There is a preference 'Set Latest Iteration' that fixes this issue in JAVA version but not in HTML

2 Comments
GregoryPERASSO
13-Aquamarine

Or at least have the Applet behaviour in the HTML

when a part is revised at first

when revising the process plan , the applet propose to "update" the link to the latest rev of the wtpart

Casey_Swain
12-Amethyst

Here's what I'm seeing (11.0 M20):
1) There is a preference: PSE>MPMLink Specific Preferences>Process Plan Explorer>Latest Iteration on Revise that was OOTB set to No.

When I revised a part or process plan seperately or together (from the browser windows) the links did not update.

When I set this preference to Yes, and revised the part and process plan together (in the browsers), the links updated for both objects.

When I revised the part seperately, they did not.
2) I found CS6687 which references a preference to change this behavior.  With that setting implemented, revising the part retains the link to the process plan on the new part revision and adds the new part revision to the process plan.  Further revising the process plan itself also carries forward the link to the latests part rev.
Casey