cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Revision level with check out at same time

0 Kudos

Revision level with check out at same time

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.

2. What version of Windchill are you currently running?

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
If someone want to change anything in part will make revision but in Windchill its 2 step process instead 1 

1- mark part drawing - create rev

2 - mark AGAIN and check out 

what if we do it in one shot 

1 mark part and drawing - change revision and check after agreeing - difficult?

in order to change part you need to check out anyway

4. What is the use case for your organization?

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?

6 Comments
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Clarification Needed

Thank you @szycha63 for publishing your idea. However, we need more information as specified in the form you saw in the submission process. The more details and context you give to document your idea, the better. Think about ways to educate and convince other Community members to support your idea and present your case to the product management team for consideration.

Please let us know within the next two weeks.

Additionally, I invite you to check out this topic where PTC executives explain product managers' approach to customer ideas and input for product

roadmaps.

szycha63
8-Gravel

I did described clearly what I believe its better when changing revision level 

I don't understand what else You need

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Questions 1, 2 , 4 & 5 are not answered. If you want your request to even be considered, you need to answer all 5 questions.

There are times when an object is revised and you are not making any changes to it and therefore you do not need to have it checked out. We use dash numbered parts for weldments and require all dash numbers be at the same revision level as the assembly and drawing. Most of these dash numbered sub components do not get revised with the assembly and certainly not with any drawing changes.

szycha63
8-Gravel

So I don't want to share this information with you its waste of time for me and its not helping to solve idea and if you don't want me to share ONLY my idea let it be  

there is so much to improve in this unfriendly system to make it better for users with so many unnecessary clicks and steps - let me know your choice I will not waste time to answer this questions, I'm busy enough with my projects

szycha63
8-Gravel

"There are times when an object is revised and you are not making any changes to it and therefore you do not need to have it checked out. We use dash numbered parts for weldments and require all dash numbers be at the same revision level as the assembly and drawing. Most of these dash numbered sub components do not get revised with the assembly and certainly not with any drawing changes."

about this - lets have window pup up and mark what you need to check out simple without camming back to workspace

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,
We are following up on our request for additional information on your idea. In the absence of further comments from you, we are archiving your idea. You still have the option to post a new idea with all the details required.
Thank you.