Less technical, simplistic users have it touch in Windchill. They don't understand all of the various object types and have very little way of getting ANY data out of Windchill (PDF, IGS, STP) etc.
I'm proposing that we provide role based homepage for users. If a user wants to use Windchill in "Easy Mode" they can. I'd like a fully integrated homepage that looks like Google basicall but with my task list too. This would serve many users search needs and also provide them with Task integration too should they need. From this Goolge Search for Windchill homepage, they could search and download data and also participate in tasks.
- Very easy Goolge like homepage with search bar front and center and task list too
- No objects types to have to be confused with or select
- Nav bar still present and usable to still allow for full integration into Windchill should the user need too. I don't like the idea of fully divorced portal, its not flexible enough and needlessly rigid.
- Should be able to configure these homepages as an admin for different profiles
- Fully functionality with Windchill still, just a very simple homepage that is still configurable
- Also includes a very simple search mechansim
- Would really only be useful if used in conjunction with my other "idea" around being able to Right Click on WTParts to download linked secondary content (via additional files): PDF, STP, IGES etc