Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SENDING OBJECT FROM PROJECTLINK TO PRODUCT

SENDING OBJECT FROM PROJECTLINK TO PRODUCT

When  sending an object to PDM from projectlink only the latest iteration and the History will not be sent. And additionally, once sent to a product. The object in Product becomes the master and so therefore, the history that will be displayed is that of the product. My idea is that in history project should be maintained and displayed while in product new history should start. 

2 Comments

Doesn't it already work like this (at least in Windchill 11.0)? I just did a test and only the latest got sent to PDMLink and the PDM object started at a brand new revision.

However I would say that keeping the old hidden ProjectLink history is very frustrating! ProjectLink is a sandbox environment and there should be the admin option not to keep those sandbox ideas/check-ins when the objects get 'Sent to PDM'. Keeping this hidden ProjectLink history creates a huge headache with references - especially if you want to delete any objects later. I would vote for this idea if you changed it to say PDM is Master and provide an option to REMOVE the history from ProjectLink after 'Sent to PDM'. This would provide much cleaner references in the PDM system. Note that this would be an option that companies/admins could decide to use or not.

Visitor

"Note that this would be an option that companies/admins could decide to use or not."  Good! You are came to the point! Considering that now this option is not available in my company nobody uses "Sent to PDM from project". Because there is the fear to miss information about prototypes or old revision.