cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Sales /Design options & choices has no function like classification Tree's localize !

0 Kudos

Sales /Design options & choices has no function like classification Tree's localize !

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Machine tool, assistant engineer

2. What product and version are you currently running?
11.0 M030-CPS17

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.

4. What is the use case for your organization?
PTC Case: C16475417

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?

Because our company is also gradually moving towards internationalization.

Some of the information used in Windchill must also have an international language switch.

Currently, Sales /Design options & choices has no function like classification Tree's localize in Windchill (can switch or fill in multiple languages).

因為我司也慢慢朝向國際化,相對在Windchill使用有部份的資訊也是必須有國際化語系切換,
目前在Windchill的選項/選擇的說明欄位,沒有像分類樹裡的本地化功能(可以有多語系的切換或填寫)。

4 Comments
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Clarification Needed

Thank you for publishing your idea. However, you gave the bare minimum, specially regarding the problem description. You also reference a case that other community member will not be able to access. Please elaborate: the more details and context you give to document your idea, the better. Think about ways to educate and convince other Community members to support your idea and present your case to the product management team for consideration. Here is an example of a more detailed idea: Add Cascading Attribute Functionality/Support to C... - PTC Community

Please let us know within the next two weeks.

Additionally, I invite you to check out this topic where PTC executives explain product managers' approach to customer ideas and input for product roadmaps.

AY_8858111
3-Visitor

Hi @olivierlp I can't edit this post .

Here you can see me, I loged in my account successfully, but no 'edit' on the menu:

2022-07-26 10_08_38-Sales _Design options & choices has no function li... - PTC Community.png

So I add additional information about this post in the comment.

As mentioned above,This picture show the function about classification Tree's localize.I can set multiple language by this function in classification Tree.

1658210781736.jpg

I can't set multiple language in Sales /Design options & choices as show.

2022-07-26 09_35_54-WnjFrame.pngThis function can help the business of overseas branches to choose the orders on line.

Thank,

Amy

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

@AY_8858111, no problem to add info as a comment like you did. Thank you. We are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up. 

SteveShaw
15-Moonstone
Status changed to: No Plans to Implement

Thank you for the submission of your idea to the community.  The options and choice names usage is not limited to display and selection by end users.  These explicit name values are used in expression definitions and advanced logic used to drive variant creation.  Due to the significance of these name values in their use in this area of the product PTC does not plans to provide localization support for these values.  As an alternative, providing localization support for their description field is something that we may consider in the future but do not have any immediate plans to introduce such support in the product at this time.