Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved Searches should not execute by default on link

0 Kudos

Saved Searches should not execute by default on link

It is just a minor thing and a bit training issue but it is not intuitive at all to execute saved searches saved_search.jpg

2 Comments
Moonstone

Hello Oliver,

I would have to humbly disagree with you.  If I select a link to something in any program, I want to go to what it is describing.  If the PTC Technical Support eNews and Alerts email that I got only went to the support page and I had to then enter more information to get to the actual page I'm looking for, I would be disappointed.  Or even imagine a Google link taking you only part way to what you are looking for.

Most of my searches are saved so that I want to execute them when I click the link.  It's one of those half a dozen one way and half a dozen the other way.  So for me it is totally intuitive that it behaves this way.  I don't think to change it now after years this way will be beneficial to those that already use it as it was designed.

Maybe a workaround would be to put (edit) at the end of the title of those that need to be edited before the actual search is performed.  So in your example it might read: Commercial & Standard Parts (edit).  It would give the person a quick reminder to edit it first.

Sincerely,

Brian

Marble

Actually I fully agree. User Error Smiley Very Happy

I forgot that a saved search with some criteria filled in executes automatically vs. a saved search with types and attributes but NO value provided will not execute and gives you the chance to fill in specific criteria before.

There are some special cases where you want to provide already several defaults for some values and in this case a propper naming of the search can help as you recommended