Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search results should refresh after performing a revise action

Search results should refresh after performing a revise action

This applies to Windchill PDMLink 10.x.

Symptom:  Search for an object.  Within the search results, right-click on that object and choose Revise.  Once the action is complete and the object has been revised, the search results are not updated.  Thus, if you right-click on that same object again, you are performing an action on the previous revision (not the latest).

I would ask that the search results be refreshed after performing a revise action, similar to how the search results are refreshed after deleting objects (i.e. the deleted objects are removed from the results).

Note:  I have engaged Tech Support regarding this and they have stated that this is working to spec for all versions.  They have asked for a Product Idea to be submitted.

5 Comments
sprosser

In addition - A general "Refreh Search Results" button would be helpfull. The user would get confidence that the shown information is up to date by pressing this button

BenLoosli
Sapphire II

Workaround is to redo the search for the object to retrieve the latest information.

An automatic refresh with the latest information would be nice.

STEVEG
Turquoise

I fully agree.  However, it also depends on what the search criteria is.

If you are searching for a particular number and also a specific State or Revision then it won't show it even on a refresh.

I would also suggest it does a refresh on any action done from a search.  What about a move, set state, rename, etc?

lscheeler
Pearl

STEPHAN PROSSER‌, I agree with you!  If I recall correctly, back in PDMLink ~9.1, before the Search was a side window, the standard F5 would refresh, but since they moved it into a side bar we lost the ability to refresh the search results with a single button.  This has been annoying.

PTCModerator
Topaz I
Status changed to: No Plans to Implement