Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search results should refresh after performing a revise action

Search results should refresh after performing a revise action

This applies to Windchill PDMLink 10.x.

Symptom:  Search for an object.  Within the search results, right-click on that object and choose Revise.  Once the action is complete and the object has been revised, the search results are not updated.  Thus, if you right-click on that same object again, you are performing an action on the previous revision (not the latest).

I would ask that the search results be refreshed after performing a revise action, similar to how the search results are refreshed after deleting objects (i.e. the deleted objects are removed from the results).

Note:  I have engaged Tech Support regarding this and they have stated that this is working to spec for all versions.  They have asked for a Product Idea to be submitted.

5 Comments
sprosser
6-Contributor

In addition - A general "Refreh Search Results" button would be helpfull. The user would get confidence that the shown information is up to date by pressing this button

BenLoosli
22-Sapphire III

Workaround is to redo the search for the object to retrieve the latest information.

An automatic refresh with the latest information would be nice.

STEVEG
20-Turquoise

I fully agree.  However, it also depends on what the search criteria is.

If you are searching for a particular number and also a specific State or Revision then it won't show it even on a refresh.

I would also suggest it does a refresh on any action done from a search.  What about a move, set state, rename, etc?

LawrenceS
17-Peridot

STEPHAN PROSSER‌, I agree with you!  If I recall correctly, back in PDMLink ~9.1, before the Search was a side window, the standard F5 would refresh, but since they moved it into a side bar we lost the ability to refresh the search results with a single button.  This has been annoying.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: No Plans to Implement