1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Working within Defense and I manage/support programs using Windchill. Main stakeholders are Configuration and Data Management teams that oversee all data being created within their programs.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Release: 22.214.171.124
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Users like using the New Multiple Documents/Parts functions when they need to create parts and documents in bulk. These functions provide almost all necessary metadata values when creating them except for the ability to set the Revision of the Documents/Parts at creation. They are forced to create them in Revision 1 and then change the Revision afterwards. The windows allow for the "Revision" column to be added to the table but users are unable to set this value within the pop up windows.
4. What is the use case for your organization? This causes unnecessary rework of objects created when they should be able to state the revision they at created at in the same manner they can dictate this for creating a single Part/Document.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? By enabling users to enter the revision of documents and parts while using the New Multiple Documents/Parts windows, this will save a lot of time and effort that is being wasted on rework right now.