Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set State for multiple objects

Set State for multiple objects

I need the functionality to Set State for multiple documents.

The functionality that Windchill have today is to change the Lifecycle. I need to change the State into the same LifeCycle.

17 Comments

With a collector would be perfect

Amethyst

If the SET STATE has the enhanced collector as PROMOTE, that would be awesome. We use promote function just to collect WTPART/CAD MODEL/Documents together. But set state funtion does not have the same interface.

Alexandrite

The lack of a collector is the one reason that we use Promote with no approvals several places; would love to have the same collector on Set State as exists elsewhere.

Gravel

REMEMBER:

If you use set state for multible objects at the same time, you may not be able to use the "as stored" configuration to release these objects. You will propably have to use the latest version of an object instead.

e.g.

ASM1 uses PRT1 A/5

ASM2 uses PRT1 A/12

ASM3 uses PRT1 B/7

If you now use the set state function which version/iteration of the depending objects should also be released?

Or do you only release to level objects?

Aquamarine

You can set multiple states only from a WS.  I spend a lot of time setting states for multiple objects in commonspace because I do it for other users.  it is a pain to do this one-at-a-time, or to add to WS if only a couple objects.

Peridot

Currently we are planning multi-item Set State for 10.1 M040.  This will include locations like Folders and Change Summary table.  This is the same Set State as in the workspace with the same collection support.  It will support the following

• Parts
  • Documents
  • CAD Docs
  • MPMLink data

sst.png

Aquamarine

This is great news!  Thank you for the update.  We look forward to the april release.

Aquamarine

Jeffrey,

While on the subject of changing multiple states simultaneously, do you know if it is also on PDMLink's implementation horizon to let the user change the state of objects that are checked out? 

[This usually arises when a user wants to change the state of a new object from "in work" to "Prototype in work" before they forget.  Once people check these object in, they typically forget to do this. (would also be nice if a user could choose the state when creating the object).]

Same satisfaction and comment than Lawrence!

This will be the Best solution for "very fast track" Release processes for BOM with more attention on ACLs and transitions.

Same satisfaction and comment than Lawrence!

This will be IS the Best solution for "very fast track" Release processes for BOM with more attention on ACLs and transitions.

Gravel

Hello Jeff,

will the new function also show conflicts if different Version/Iterations are in the collector list?
Since the user may have used a Baseline or the AS STORED configuration for dependent objects?

e.g.

ASM1 uses PRT1 A/5

DRW2 uses PRT1 A/12

DRW3 uses PRT1 B/7

Peridot

This is available in 10.1 M040

Aquamarine

Jeffrey,

We recently migrated from 10.0 to 10.1 M040 and although I very much want to start using the new functionality I do not see the option to set the state of multiple unrelated objects from a search page.  Where can we find this new functionality of which you speek? 

Thanks!

Peridot

Unfortunately it is not on the Search results (yet) - it is available in the Folders page

Would really be nice if PTC would also get this fubctionality into the search results as well.  While being able to set multiple objects in the folder, this causes  a extra clicks.  But I for one am thankful it made it's way in.

Aquamarine

Jeffrey, Thanks for the update. It sounds like PTC is trying to get this into the very useful search results page. For what version/build is this being planned?

Although setting multiple objects in the folder is probably only good if the admin needs to set huge quantities of items (with similar P/Ns/criteria) at a time, I agree that this is definately a step in the right direction!

We look forward to being able to do this from the search results, since this is what we need to do practially every day (state setting, renaming, etc)!

Community Manager
Status changed to: Current Functionality