This is in 10.2 M030. This is very useful behavior.
I have looked at help center and followed instructions to expose sharing filter in Projects. but it is not working the we want.
Here is comments from help center. "Starting in PTC Windchill 10.2, you can select a sharing filter when creating or editing a project. The sharing filter determines how PDM shared objects should be updated within a project. Previously, the default behavior was to update shared objects to their latest version."
What is not working for us in 10.2 M030. During project Creation or Edit,
1. Shared filter created by an administrative user is not available to another administrative users
2. Shared filter created by Windchill install ID is not available to any other administrative users
3. Shared filter created by Windchill install ID is not available to the project creators or project managers Role
4. Shared objects initiator has to update the out of syn share to match the REV and it is not working for Project managers.
Notes: Filters are already selected with Show and Share check boxes.
I have opened TS call to fix this behavior. Unfortunately ended up here.
What is the benefit of using shared filter in Project. When objects are revised in source context, project link show out of sync status on that objects and this was not the case in earlier Windchill versions. In earlier Windchill versions, Out of sync only appears when iterations are different, and not for Rev mismatch. In 10.2 users should able to recognize the out of sync with Rev and request initiator to share the latest one.
It would be nice if system feature allow,
1. Project managers or project creators to choose the shared filters during create or edit project.
2. Project managers should able to update object in Projectlink when out of sync objects shown when new REV exists at source.