1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Working as an engineering support to multiple projects working within Windchill.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Windchill 11.1
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Views within containers can only be made available to other users if it has been created by an Administrator within the tool and the check box "Share with all users" has been checked. This creates a global view for all users to be able to find and use in their view. Users are able to create their own custom view but will only be available to them and cannot be shared. In order for other users to have the same custom view they will have to recreate the view or an Administrator has to create it and share with all. However, because we manage many different programs, users want project specific views they can share with users in their containers only.
4. What is the use case for your organization? By having a share with users functionality with custom views created by a user, they would be able to create and share views that would be valuable to people within their teams/projects.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? This would increase user efficiency in the tool and reduce the amount of rework that is required to recreated views between all users who want the same view.