Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing Out of date-objects in the View - As a Featured Objects list -

Showing Out of date-objects in the View - As a Featured Objects list -

If a user selects the View - As a Featured Objects list -, he fails to see at least some Out of date-objects.

All theese objects are very important for him, because modified objects may affect the surroundings of his design object and potential problems may be missed.

So it makes sense to show all Out of date-objects in the View - As a Featured Objects list - in general, no matter they where selected while Add to Workspace or modified or checked-out by the user itself.

4 Comments
Amethyst

Your reasons make sense.

On the other hand, the featured-objects list is meant to improve the workspace display / refresh time.

Looking up the out of date status is detrimental to this performance.

I think it would be best to have an additional option to treat out-of-date objects as "featured", or in general, have the the ability to define rules as to what qualifies a "featured-object"...

To check the evolution of the assembly also we use As-stored configuration , from this configuration the corresponding older version of the part will add to the work space and it appears as the out-dated object , This also helps user to know which are the parts were modified in the assembly.

I agree with you: An option to determine the objects of the featured-objects list would be great.

I think the as-stored-adding to Workspace is good for investigations but not helpful while designing a part over some time, because the user must perform some steps manually over and over again.