cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Store collection filters available on Add to Workspace / Checkout wizard.

Store collection filters available on Add to Workspace / Checkout wizard.

Use Case Scenario:

The User can manually add there Working Data to the Workspace.

The Users must then Collect the Assembly and or remaining Components using the following Locked States in the Add to Workspace - Collection Filter:

Latest Production

Latest Prototype

Latest Working

Latest Shared

Latest Released

Latest In Review

Latest Develop

Check CheckBox - Apply latest for unresolved dependents.

When these Cad Objects are added to the Workspace, the User will OK the Conflict to Use their Working Data in the Workspace if it conflicts with a version collected.

Issues:

1. The User has to manually Edit the Collection Filter every time they Add to Workspace. They have to remember and enter the exact State sequence above. This is Labor intensive and Error Prone.

2. There is no OOTB method to save a Collection Filter. Similar functionality to View Filter should be added.

3. There is no My Latest (My Working) filter. The User has to prepopulate their working data into the Workpace, then understand and OK the Conflict when adding the Collected objects to the Workspace.

2 Comments
GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite

I've opened a TS call since first release of Windchill 10.

Workspace Configuration has always "old fashioned" Filter config Spec.  Only able to select latest , baseline or effectivity .... but not new ordered Filters ....

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived