Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription for Author of a Change

Subscription for Author of a Change

Currently the only people you can add to a subscription is an individual user or a group.  I propose adding the option of Author.

The use case is there are several assemblies that need to be updated.  I would like the ability to create a subscription to send an email notification to anyone that adds an object (CAD or Document) to a CR or CN.  This email would list changes that would need to be made.

2 Comments
JørnAHansen
2-Guest

‌Steve,

By 'Author' in your description above do you refer to the person who is expected to perform the changes on the given CAD/document objects?

In that case I would give them the Assignment via a Change Notice Task (we call them CTs) associated to the CN. This has the added benefit that they just don't get an untraceable (inside Windchill) email notification describing their job to perform but that it's kept as part of the change history + the assignee has to 'Complete' the task so it's visible that the job is done. We use the description field on the CN to give an overall description of the change (why it's required etc.) and the name/description (or comments to each changeable object associated to the CT) to give the detailed "list of changes that need to be performed"

STEVEG
20-Turquoise

For the use case I specified then yes.  It's for the person that is going to be doing the work.  I had thought about using the Problem Notice which is probably the same as your CT's.

But there are other situations that could use this.  It's not the only one.  For instance, to notify the person that since they are making a change to one object they need to also look at other similar objects.