In the scenario where a Windchill system is split into a secure and non-secure environment with some data needing to be shared between the systems, that data would need to be controlled on one system and replicated to the other. Replication Packages are a great fit for synchronizing the data, but:
- the conflicting data needs to be moved or renamed
- the data can then be synchronized
- links and relationships would need to be rebuilt
The idea that would solve this problem would be to transfer ownership of the shared data on the target system to the source system, eliminating the need to move/rename and rebuild links and relationships.
Thank you for publishing your idea. We need more information as specified in the form you saw in the submission process. (Questions below). The more details and context you give to build a better case, the better.
I invite you to check out this topic where 2 PTC executives explain product managers' approach to customer ideas and input for product roadmaps.
Please let us know within the next two weeks.
1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
2. What product & version are you currently running?
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
We are following up on our request for additional information on your idea. In the absence of further comments from you, we are archiving your idea. You still have the option to post a new idea with all the details required.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.