cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support soft constraints on the Number attribute.

Support soft constraints on the Number attribute.

Windchill 10.0 allows adding soft constraints on atttributes (i.e.limit the length of a string, or defining the strings format, etc.), but does not evaluate constraints if they are set on the Number attribute. In other words, soft-constraints are not enforced for Number. By supporting soft constraints on the Number attrubute system admins could establish and enforce company standards for the Numbering of Windchill objects.

5 Comments

We agree with this request. We are considering this support in a future release.

Peridot

You can check these with the Business Rules capability that came in 10.1 M010. The attribute rule will allow you to check to see if the number conforms to corporate standards.  This will also allow to you have different checks for diffrent contexts or other logic.

I understand this is reactive - as Yuxiu said above doing this on creation is under consideration for the future.

Visitor

We agree with this request but need an upgrade. Please don't limit the soft constraints to attribute type NUMBER.

We fight today against multiple values of STRING attributes. E.g. attribute "language" with the same language repeating.

See C10837763 -There is no unique value constraint for attributes with multiple values.

Bedrock

please vote for my idea as well, which goes a little wider: Allow constraints on name attribute: upper/lower case, picklists

I will add your idea to mine as well.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged