1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Product owner of the Windchill CAD integration for SolidWorks. Representative of 1500 CAD users
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Release 18.104.22.168
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. If SOLIDWORKS Menu File open dialog is opened WWGM Synchronize doesn't come to an end.
Starts SOLIDWORKS with activated addin "PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager 12.1.0.
Users is signed on to WindChill File System
Steps to reproduce:
Solidworks Menu File open
WWGM Tool "Synchronize"
-> process doesn't come to an end
We miss here following possible solutions:
There should be a message box or an information in the Windchill status bar that "Synchronize" couldn't be terminated cause of the Menu File Open Dialog in SOLIDWORKS
Synchronize should be greyed out in WWGM
File open dialog should be cancelled automatically with an appropriate message box
4. What is the use case for your organization? User doesn't recognize that the cause of the not reacting "Synchronize process" is the File open dialog in SOLIDWORKS
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Increasing user acceptance and avoid unnecessary user requests.