1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We design and manufacture high-end electronics. I am the CAD Manager / Windchill Business Admin / PTC SME. Stakeholders for this idea include our Creo and Windchill user community.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? 1.1 M020-CPS18
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Case - 16434400
Article - 200649
Like any company, we have employees who come and go. Sometimes our teams need to search for files "Created By" or "Modified By" a user who no longer work at our company. Windchill does not allow the 'search user list' to find any user disconnected from the system. We would need to first contact a system admin to run special scripts to find this info. We should be able to just search for those objects, based on those individuals; regardless of their status in Windchill.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Employee leaves and we want to find files they were working on. We can no longer use basic Windchill search.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? It would free up time from our system admins, and our design teams by finding data based on the method everyone is trained on. If we need to search for an object, based on a user, it should just work! The object still shows the user's name under 'created by' or 'modified by', we just can't search for it.