Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User/Admin to Customize to show/hide icon shortcuts from actions menus

User/Admin to Customize to show/hide icon shortcuts from actions menus

In WS, Searches, and folders, detail pages, etc the actions & other menus allow for many tasks, but being buried in a menu are hard to miss or require several clicks and mouse navigations (which equate to more time for frequent tasks).  Please allow users to decide which actions can have their own stand alone icon which is not accessed via the menu. (Ability to Changing Size of icons displayed may also help for those who want to display more icons.)

The examples below are not to vote for those exact configuration, but for the ability for the Admin & end-user to customize according to the companies and the individuals work flow.

Display:Allow Admins/users to easily customize which shortcut actions icons are displayed outside the menu in WS, CS, Folders, detail page, etc.

Eg.1: In CS, we don't ever want the promo req buried in the actions menu under new; I use it enough that I want to be able to have it displayed and one click on the icon starts the promo req.

Eg.2: In the WS, we want the Edit attributes among the other icons that only require one click (such as Remove, upload, checkin, etc).

Improvement.jpg

Hide: Admin/User should be able to hide shortcut icons that are infrequently used or not at all, so that frequent commands can be accessed more quickly and without clutter.

Eg.3: Currently we do not use auto associate, new part, or new cad document, therefore I do not need these shortcut icons and so I want to hide them (so that they are only available via the file, edit, and tools menus)

Capture - New.JPG

1 Comment
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived