Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visualization tab in PSB should contain same features as in PSE and PPB

Visualization tab in PSB should contain same features as in PSE and PPB

The CREO View embedded viewer in Product Structure Browser >> Visualization tab has less toolbar functions compared to the java explorer Product Structure Explorer.

This makes it less functional since users missing useful functions and are confusing. Another part is that it is not aligned and inconsistent of what toolbar features are available in the platform.

So the request is: It should be consistent, and that the PSB should contain same features as in PSE and PPB

Background:

from the PSB

limited.jpg

From the PSE:

PSE.png

Making another comparizon, these additional toolbar features (plus more) are already available in HTML from a MPMLink context, such as from a Process Plan or an Operation:

Comparing PSB and PPB:

comparison.jpg

Example/Mockup of solution how it shall look from a PSB view:

SNAG-0263.png

13 Comments
bmr
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

If you have MPMLink installed, you also have the possibility to richt text formating some attributes! Something PDMLink wishes to have... Or having drag and drop in the product structure (not the psm directly, rather some other objects)

I would love to see, if PTC develops more modules with more functionality, that those features also being enabled in PDMLink!

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

This is planned for the X-26 release

ChrisPLM
8-Gravel

Hello Jeff,

glad to know this is already in the pipe line.

It may not be the right place to ask but there are many posts from users "complaining" about the lack of consistency between modules. The above one is one of them but there are more (for instance a revise of a WTpart from WS provide a collector but a revise from PDMLink of WTpart does not provide a collector).

Has PTC a list of all those inconsistency with a plan to clear them all for good and for once. As mentioned by me and others in the past, it appears from us that the various development teams do not talk to each other. Which is quite paradoxal from a company which promote best practice and concurrent engineering in product development

Best regards

bmr
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

Outch! But you have absolute right. Customer with different product families have exactly the same problem and we are telling them to use Windchill to have this under control

Another example is the structure browser for CAPA. This one shows you all the different steps in the CAPA process. It would be so easy for the user to have the same view for the Change Notice.

CAPA Structure.png

I also would be interested to see such a list.

ChrisPLM
8-Gravel

Maybe we need to start a new post specific to that topic.

We are now going out of the original topic. In addition, since the idea is under implementation, our discussion may go unnoticed....

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

Chris - its a good question and there are a variety of reasons.  We continue to try to unfiy (in some little and big steps), but its a big project.

A new idea is would be good.  To make it manageable I would recommend not doing a giant bucket idea, but specific ideas for different areas of need.  The larger "bit buckets" tend to be hard to review and prioritize.

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

In Windchill 11.0 F000 PSB the viz tab actions have been updated as follows:

viz tab actions.png

PatrikBjornAnde
8-Gravel

Hi Jeff, thanks for the information, this is very good news and very appreciated that it was prioritized.

ChrisPLM
8-Gravel

Hi Jeff

This is good to show us this but it does not tell us if now Visualization functionalities is consistent across the board.

We, end user, are after consistency as well as outstanding user friendlyness

Thanks

Best regards

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

Chris,

PSB, PPB, MAPSB are uniform where possible.  PPB for example has some process plan specific visualization actions not applicable to the other two environments.

CAD and Contexts are next up for these actions.

ChrisPLM
8-Gravel

Great news Thank you Jeff,

so developing consistency is still WIP if CAD and Contexts are not yet covered unless these are completely new requirement for vizualisation. However, I struggle to see what you mean.

Where do you want to have vizualisation for CAD and Contexts

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

I added the info on Contexts/MSR to denote that we are looking beyond the request in the idea which was PSB.

Design and Configuration Contexts capability (Design in Context capability) has the ability to both show the visualization and filter with it.  Some more information about Design in Context capability can be found here:

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc110_hc/index.jspx?id=DICFlow&action=show

For CAD - I am talking about the Model Structure Report (MSR) - seen below

msr.png

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.