When we moved from Creo4 to Creo 7 (188.8.131.52) we discovered that AFX files would not check-in with the preference MODELCheck Validate set to Yes in Windchill. I had to set this preference to No for production users to continue their work. An SPR was filed and Creo 184.108.40.206 was supposed to fix the issue. While testing, I wanted to enable this preference only for the WCADMIN account. However, I found that there are many Windchill preferences that not available at the user level, only Site, Org, Linrary or Container.
I would like to propose that ALL Windchill preferences be made available to the site admin account just for situations like this testing.
1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Windchill utilized in the Energy industry to hold all data dealing with the design and manufacturing of a plant to enrich uranium for power plants. I am the system admin for 3 Windchill systems. This request only applies to system administrators.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Windchill 11.1 M020 CPS20
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. When troubleshooting an issue, it would be nice to allow the WCADMIN account access to set all preferences to facilitate testing without impacting the production users.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Allow the administrator to test with no impact on production
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? It would allow testing and save time in not having to change multiple preferences for that test.