cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

WCADMIN - ALL preferences to be made available to the site admin account

WCADMIN - ALL preferences to be made available to the site admin account

When we moved from Creo4 to Creo 7 (7.0.5.0) we discovered that AFX files would not check-in with the preference MODELCheck Validate set to Yes in Windchill. I had to set this preference to No for production users to continue their work. An SPR was filed and Creo 7.0.7.0 was supposed to fix the issue. While testing, I wanted to enable this preference only for the WCADMIN account. However, I found that there are many Windchill preferences that not available at the user level, only Site, Org, Linrary or Container.

I would like to propose that ALL Windchill preferences be made available to the site admin account just for situations like this testing.

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Windchill utilized in the Energy industry to hold all data dealing with the design and manufacturing of a plant to enrich uranium for power plants. I am the system admin for 3 Windchill systems. This request only applies to system administrators.

2. What version of Windchill are you currently running?
Windchill 11.1 M020 CPS20

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
When troubleshooting an issue, it would be nice to allow the WCADMIN account access to set all preferences to facilitate testing without impacting the production users.

4. What is the use case for your organization?
Allow the administrator to test with no impact on production

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
It would allow testing and save time in not having to change multiple preferences for that test.

5 Comments
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

FYI - My work around was to utilize a product container that was not being used by production at the moment and set the preference for that container only for testing. This allowed me to confirm that Check-in with a suppressed feature in the part files is denied by ModelCheck when suppressed featyres are falgged as a warning. To go around the 'bug' that still exists, I had to turn off checking of Suppressed features in ModelCheck. I had to weigh this with disabling the validation of ModelCheck files for my user base. I have contacted PTC support that there is still an issue with ModelCheck and suppressed feature checking.

olivierlp
Community Manager

Hello, 

Thank you for your idea and the information provided.

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

joe_morton
17-Peridot

Do you have a Test server set up? We would do that type of testing on a Test server before bringing it into our Production server. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

No test server at this time, it is in the works.