(1) The Maintainability Group Task report is limited because it only allows of printed of fields associated with the Task Group. In order to provide valid information for export, the complete task details need to be available as well. (2) The number of persons for the task in the task group subpane or Maintainability Data tab repair tasks should be editable. Currently a copy of the library task needs to be created and the person count edited in the new task with a new task code name.
(3) The Depot, Intermediate, and Organizational levels should all calculate at the same time and report out the results because the all of those times may be required to characterize a system's maintainability.
(4) There is no place to document a maintenance step by step narrative, to capture general step info like "Release CCA from chassis by loosening fasteners". Only alternative is to populate task narrative in the Task Identifier field, which creates a problem because this field is not displayed in the template reports. A related problem encountered when using this field for narrative is that it will not accept duplicates. This could be easily solved if there were a task narrative data field that could be populated for every selected maintenance step. If the remarks section is used local to a task row, it has a possibility of being overwritten if the task data needs to be refreshed.
(5) Library task selection is not very useful with the short code currently in the supplied file. The drop down show only the library task code, which for MIL-HDBK-472 tasks, is cryptic, and doesn't convey any idea of what the task really is. Tool should also show the library task description data field from the drop down box. Discussions outside of this topic have resulted in an updated supplied file with expanded task code names.
(6) Library remarks data field does not include data source (e.g., MIL-HBDK-472). Existing library entries that come with the tool should list the source.
(7) Report templates that summarize the maintenance steps for an LRU do not list the maintenance steps and descriptors in the same sequential order as seen in the Maintainability Data Maintenance Task screen. This problem was evident after re-sequencing steps in the Maintenance Data view. After doing this, the new sequence would not be displayed in the reports/exports (likely because it was sorting on the Task ID).