cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

WRR - displaying a sub-report depending of an attribute

0 Kudos

WRR - displaying a sub-report depending of an attribute

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.

Hello, i'm part of Airbus Helicopter support for Windchill Risk and Reliability solution in 12.0.2 version. I'm helping business in charge of generating report to authority using this tool. 

Environement available : INT,VAL,PROD. 

2. What version of Windchill are you currently running?
Windchill Risk and Reliability Solutions 12.0.2

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Attachement can't be upload here, please contact me for me details.

Description : 

When the functional failure is empty, a Sub-report is generated containing only the template withtout anything fullfil :

*attachement here*

As you can see here, nothing is write/display because of the field Functional Failure # (and then all attribute depending of this attribute are empty for the sub-report).

Question is : Could we implement something to manage the display of a sub-report depending on one(or more) attribute (concerning a subreport completed, or just the display of the sub-report by hiding a part of the sub-report)?
4. What is the use case for your organization?
current use case is genreting a "template page" without any information into it. 

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
 Business generated a lot of report (link to ata from 00-00 to 99-99) and have to modify manually the report using an application like PDF Creator to modify PDF after generation. 

2 Comments
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you @MA_8514890 for your idea and welcome to the Community. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.

MA_8514890
3-Visitor

Hello, just to sumarize with image the issue : 

1/ the field functionnal failure is empty here 

1.png

Then, only the report template page (without any value due to the previous datafield "functionnal failure" empty) is display, but the need is to bypass this page if possible  : 

2.png

Hope it will clarify the case a lot more. 

Thanks.