1) We create an “as released” baseline of the top level ASSY. The baseline contains specific versions of wtparts such as PART1 @ A.7.
2) Unfortunately we sometimes don’t have all the required documents available or linked to the wtparts at the time of the baseline release, but we don’t want to delay the release so we:
a. Release the design and create the “as released” baseline
b. Over the next few weeks, we will iteration the wtpart and add/link more documents as they become available. (example: PART1 @A.7-->@A.11 as we add 4 documents)
3) The extra documents from step 2 are not shown on the initial baseline. We recognise that we can update the baseline to show the correct (new) wtpart iteration, but this is impractical with the number of wtparts and extra documents
4) We need some form of baseline switch that tells the system – show the baseline wtparts with the latest iteration of the part revision defined in the baseline. Perhaps the baseline should have these options:
• As defined - meaning exactly what was defined in the baseline [the baseline BOM would show PART 1 @ A.7]
• Latest version - meaning the latest iteration of the version defined in the baseline [the baseline would show PART1 @A.11]