cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Warning or Error Message during Upload of CAD data in Wrong context

0 Kudos

Warning or Error Message during Upload of CAD data in Wrong context

we have one org in which different business groups are working so we created the Products for each buisness group and added the File based version series depending on that buisness group requirements. Even in one business group we are using 2 version series for Contexts i.e. Legacy (A,B,C,...) and TC Series (01,02,03,....).

Some of the Users are the members in both the series contexts. Now our Major issue at this moment is users create the Objects in wrong context workspace and completes the design. During check-in they realizes that Target context is not correct so they change the Location to required context. This allows to check-in the object with Lgeacy series into TC series context.

I am looking for some enhancement which will pop up some warning or Error message which will warn the users that He is checking the Object with incorrect revision in that context.

Also please let me know if is there any technique already exist to prevent this.

2 Comments
PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived