cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When renaming objects x,y and z, PDMLink should present list of objects that inherit x, y and z

When renaming objects x,y and z, PDMLink should present list of objects that inherit x, y and z

When duplicating/renaming an entire project worth of files, I am always renaming the underlying skeletons that control that project. In THIS situation, it is imperative that inheritance features in components get re-directed to the renamed skeleton models. Currently this does NOT happen and creates a very complex situation to resolve.

Currently if the user select the inherited skeleton in workspace and selects the "info" icon ("i"), none ot the objects that inherit that object show up in either the "used by" list nor the "where-used" list.

Enhancement would be:

When I rename an object (a skeleton for example), PDMLink "must research and then list" any objects that inherit that renamed object. It is important the PDMLink makes it clear to the user that this is an inherited reference. At that point the user must have the choice of having inheritance features either remain linked to the original object... or to the renamed object.

1 Comment
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived