1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We are the publications department for an industrial laundry equipment manufacturer selling machines worldwide.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Windchill 11.1
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
We attempted to generate a translation package for a book and got a log file, which states that numerous objects in the package are "In Work" when they are actually "Released". After further investigation, we found that there was one "In Work" object structured to the book, which prevented the translation package from being created. We believe this log file is misleading, as we would have expected the log file to only list the one offending object.
Translation Process not started; no valid documents to translate.
Related object is not in preparation state: 'RELEASED'
4. What is the use case for your organization? We use Windchill for multiple things, including generating translation packages to send to our translators, so we can provide books to our customers in multiple languages.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? This change would allow us to more easily identify which objects structured to the book are In Work so that we can Release them and send translation packages out sooner. Being able to more quickly resolve translation package errors would result in quicker turnaround for our translated books.